Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Busy Day for Rhyming!

 Today in the Oak Room, Miss Adcock lead a group discussion about rhyming! She read an interactive book about painting and the children followed the story about a young boy who painted all the parts of his body. She explained the concept of rhyme and how the book had many rhyming words. Many of the children knew the rhyming words and shouted out the body part that came next in the painting!

Miss Adcock read the part of the book where the boy said, "Oh heck, I guess I'll paint my _____." Oliver yelled, "Neck!" When the word for rhyming was "Egg," Mark said, "Leg." Many children offered their ideas for rhyming words as well.

"Pain and rain" - Mitchell
"Pink and sink" - Ne'Siah



Teaching Strategies Gold: Literacy: Objective 15a: Children notice and discriminate rhyme.
 
Since this is my last blog post, I just wanted to let all of you know how much I have enjoyed my experience as a 409 Student Teacher. I have enjoyed spending my time with your children this semester and will miss them so much!! I have made so many connections with your children and families and hope you all have an amazing summer!
 
-Miss Wheaton

No comments:

Post a Comment